Ever wanted to be a fly on the studio wall? Here’s your chance, watch the process of a painting from beginning to end.
[kad_youtube url=”https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgFtmGspb0Y&t=647s” width=800 height=700 maxwidth=1000 ]
Listen to an interview with the artist on the AM Frequency Podcast.
Reviews and Writings
A paean to paper, VMFA Blog Contribution
Knowing your Context, Review by Mark Sprinkle for BioLogos.org
I have had the great joy and privilege to work with many Art Museums, Art Leagues, Schools, Universities, and other Non-Profit Organizations over these past many years. Whether teaching technique and skill through workshops and seminars, or discussing theory, history and research at a lecture or conference; being involved with others in these ways is inspiring and challenging to me as an artist. If you would like to more about any of these programs or to contact me about availability please email me firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Contemporary Beauty: An Examination of Aesthetics within Contemporary Art, Virginia Museum of Fine Art
- Postmodernism and Personal Identity: A look at the shifting roles of portraiture in
- Postmodernism, Virginia Museum of Fine Art
- The Mould and Deckle: An overview of Papermaking, Virginia Museum of Fine Art
- The Figure in Art: A Survey, Various Organizations
- The Anatomy of a Painting: A look at the fundamental elements of Art within masterpieces, Westminster Canterbury Summer Lecture Series
- Art and The Narrative: a study of story throughout Art History, Westminster Canterbury Lecture Summer Series July 2011
- Impressionism: Influences and Impacts, Westminster Canterbury Lecture Summer Series
- Creativity, Your Brain and 1000 Grains of Rice: What current neuroscience can tell us about being creative, Virginia Association of Independent Schools
- Art and Social Action: Using the Arts to teach Engagement and Empathy, Virginia Association of Independent Schools
- The Other Side of Inspiration: a discussion with R. Sawan White on creativity, Orchard House School
- The Makers Series: with author Amy Julia Becker, artist R. Sawan White and musician Andy Zipf
- Education Panel Contributor, Common Good RVA 2014 Conference: an exploration of faith, neighborhoods, and vocation