For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.
I like to think about things we can't or don't see. All my work is born out of that place. We were made to seek - beauty, justice, truth - things unseen - and to make them visible through our lives.
For over 20 years my work has explored the unseen connections, languages and relationships that form daily life...
A selected list of past exhibitions and galleries
Want to keep up-to-date?
Receive information about upcoming exhibitions, special offers and general news about R.Sawan White. Your will only receive emails from me, nothing else will be done with your information. Ever.
Interview on the AM Frequency Podcast
Want to know more about what I do? Listen to my interview with Alex Mejias on the AM Frequency Podcast.
read my guest blogger entry for the Virginia Museum of Fine Art
Knowing your context
a review by Mark Sprinkle from BioLogos.org
I have had the great joy and privilege to work with many Art Museums, Art Leagues, Schools, Universities, and other Non-Profit Organizations over these past many years. Whether teaching technique and skill through workshops and seminars, or discussing theory, history and research at a lecture or conference; being involved with others in these ways is inspiring and challenging to me as an artist. If you would like to more about any of these programs or to contact me about availability please email me firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Contemporary Beauty: An Examination of Aesthetics within Contemporary Art, Virginia Museum of Fine Art
- Postmodernism and Personal Identity: A look at the shifting roles of portraiture in
- Postmodernism, Virginia Museum of Fine Art
- The Mould and Deckle: An overview of Papermaking, Virginia Museum of Fine Art
- The Figure in Art: A Survey, Various Organizations
- The Anatomy of a Painting: A look at the fundamental elements of Art within masterpieces, Westminster Canterbury Summer Lecture Series
- Art and The Narrative: a study of story throughout Art History, Westminster Canterbury Lecture Summer Series July 2011
- Impressionism: Influences and Impacts, Westminster Canterbury Lecture Summer Series
- Creativity, Your Brain and 1000 Grains of Rice: What current neuroscience can tell us about being creative, Virginia Association of Independent Schools
- Art and Social Action: Using the Arts to teach Engagement and Empathy, Virginia Association of Independent Schools
- The Other Side of Inspiration: a discussion with R. Sawan White on creativity, Orchard House School
- The Makers Series: with author Amy Julia Becker, artist R. Sawan White and musician Andy Zipf
- Education Panel Contributor, Common Good RVA 2014 Conference: an exploration of faith, neighborhoods, and vocation